Dated 5 June 2008, 3:53pm (Pacific SA STD GMT -4Hour)
No need to say good-bye… I'm stuck... in Narnia Land!
I watched the movie again last night and I get the feeling this is one movie I can watch again and again and still not get bored.
I purposely looked out for Prince Caspian's character (Ben Barnes) this time because I kind of didn't really notice him the first time. (????) You ask me how's that. I'm a huge fan of William Moseley, that's why. The kid has grown!! And that was what occupied my mind the whole time I watched this movie the first time. Now this sounds really sick because it's me talking, me! Not my daughter. (And she doesn't even care for any of these two characters because she's focused only on her favorite Band which is coming back tomorrow to stage a concert in Genting Highlands on Sat.) I have watched and read the interviews I can get hold of on-line and all the more I like Moseley's character better than Barnes'. I had to concentrate really hard to appreciate this particular eye candy. Actually, the guy can act… well, they wouldn't have chosen him if he can't because his character requires a lot of emotional scenes. I wish he had more muscles, though, and is more "physical," as one would expect a prince in the olden times. They didn't do anything but "train" in those days, right??? So, besides the looks and the height, what else has he got? Well, I must say he has the voice. His character's credibility would have fallen apart incredibly if he didn't have THAT voice, and the learned accent. So, ok, Disney is now pitting him against their other "product" called Orlando Bloom of Pirates of the Caribbean fame? Oh common, so that's the main reason Barnes has become the new star in this episode of the Narnia series, because they are pitting him against Orland Bloom? Obviously, Moseley is going to be dropped in the next episode and so, no need to keep selling him as a "product" as well?

I'm still a big fan of the four Pevensie kids, no matter what – Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy. All of them look really promising, professionally, especially Lucy. Her face is soooo expressive, it speaks even without the words. Oh, I wish they'd do something about the story so they can still bring Peter and Susan back in the next installment. And the infatuation angle at the end, between Susan and Caspian, it's so disconcerting. Two people in the right place at the wrong time? Oh, how many times does that happen in one person's lifetime. I guess not only once but few, but there's always that one special significant one. Uh, no need to say good-bye. I'm quite stuck in that childhood phase of my life in Narnia land.
My Favourite You Tube Videos on Narnia: Prince Caspian:
"The Call" song by Regina Spektor.
Interview of Georgie Henley and William Moseley
Interview of Anna Popplewell and William Moseley (after Narnia 1)
Another interview, Anna Popplewell and William Moseley (after Narnia 1)
Interview of Anna Popplewell and Skandar Keynes
William Moseley Interview on the Caspian Set
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hdagbz4dUI&feature=related
Yeah, this movie's all about growing up... and this has made me realize I still have that kid in me that still needs to grow up. It's ok to experience a fun thing... it's another thing to move on? Uh... :( Let me just get stuck. :)
Photos from William Moseley's Friendster Fan Club Profile
http://profiles.friendster.com/43084975
No comments:
Post a Comment